Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vivi & Waihao's birthday party weekend

The Cake
We made the cake ourselves because it would've been around $50 for two cakes and we bought supplies for $30 only. Diana came over but I had to bake everything before she got here because she had to leave soon after. Everything came out pretty good even though we didn't use the exact measurements. She put the frosting on with me for the first cake and decorated it. It was strawberry with vanilla frosting and we used strawberry to decorate.


For Waihao's cake, Diana left before it cooled off so I just decorated it myself. I put strawberry frosting all over but I think it would've tasted better without it haha. I had a hard time boxing the round cake but I ended up putting it in a UPS box haha. I just covered the rectangle brownie cake with clear wrap.



Our hard work paid off! I had to walk to the van and to Brooklyn holding both cakes. I dropped off the cake first at the karaoke place but when it was time to bring out the cakes, something went terribly wrong. I was putting it on the table but there was something under it so I dropped the cake. BIG FAIL!!! No one wanted to eat a cake that was once on the floor haha. But we lit it anyways and they blew it out. Everyone said the brownie cake was good though.

The Party
When I first got there, we went to play pool with my cousins, boyfriend and other people. Vivi then came after and we started calling people out. It was also Waihao's birthday but he was still in his hotel.
I was getting so frustrated that night. We got the wrong sized room because not that many people were going to show up. I hate it when people change their minds and end up not showing last minute. We finally decided to change to a large room instead of VIP. I was so mad because it felt like I was doing so much when it wasn't even my party. I just wanted everyone to have a good time and they're my friends but the own birthday boy didn't do anything and he was so late. Ugh I was mad that I ruined my make up I had done that morning.
Instead of playing dice and drinking, I basically just sang the whole time. No one wanted to play with me, boohoo! Everyone was complimenting on my boyfriend because he was playing with everyone and they kept trying to get him drunk haha. We finally got a couple picture and the one on the left is Diana and Waihao.
At the end of the party, Anqi and I called a cab and it cost us $40! I slept over and we woke up the next day during the afternoon.

We're cuter! LOL JK 

No comments:

Post a Comment