Thursday, May 26, 2011

Miss NY Chinese Pageant (Photos + Semi-Final Updates)

Last Sunday (5/22), there was a Semi-Final Selection at Mulan Banquet. There were 35 semi-finalists, but I think a few didn't show up. Only 14 could move onto being a finalist. We had rehearsal the Wednesday before where we learned how to sit and walk. On Sunday, we had to do our introduction and Q&A in our bikini. The intro was about 30 seconds and they usually cut off our talent after 1 minute. We wore our cocktail dress for taking pictures mostly. My mom had gotten me a dress, shoes and a new bikini the day before (haul video soon). The next day, the photos were on Chinese newspapers.

I think I did pretty well on my introduction and Q&A. I had gotten my make up and hair done that morning. However, when I got on stage for my talent, I had forgotten all of my choreo. How embarrassing! I tried to cover it up by doing some random moves though. They called the finalists that night and e-mailed those who didn't make it into the final 14.

Here are a few photos from my camera. Others are on newspapers, online, etc. (The ones I have aren't so great and there aren't many. Sorry!)

They told us to bend down so they could see the taller girls in the back.. But didn't work out haha 


No comments:

Post a Comment